Holiday Lodge Breaks
We have two lodges offering breaks for carers: one in Devon, one in Weymouth. The holiday lodges are available to carers look after someone who pays council tax to Bournemouth Borough Council or Borough of Poole.
How to Apply for a Holiday Lodge Break
- The number of breaks available per year is limited, so we ask you to complete a short application form telling us about you and your caring responsibilities.
- It can be difficult to recognise how much your caring responsibilities affect you. For that reason we suggest you have help to complete the application form. Carers Support Service are happy to go through it with you and make sure you have included everything.
- We assess all the applications carefully to make sure the breaks are distributed fairly.
- We will write to tell you whether you have been successful. If you have been allocated a break, you'll also receive further information about your break and directions to the lodge.
- Breaks are limited to one break, every other year.
Staying at the Lodges
- Breaks take place from Monday to Friday or from Friday to Monday (except at Christmas and New Year when week long breaks are available at the Brixham Holiday Lodge)
- The holiday park in Brixham is open all year, apart from February. The holiday park in Weymouth is open from March to October/November.
- Park facilities are open from March to October/November. The lodge at Brixham can also be used from November to March, but it's much quieter as park facilities are closed.
- There are no pets allowed at either lodge.
How Much Does It Cost
- There is a £10 per night booking fee to stay at the lodges.
- You arrange and pay for your own transport to and from the lodge and for any trips once you are there.
- It is free to use of most park facilities in season. There is a small charge for use of the leisure facilities at the Weymouth Lodge.
About the Lodges
Situated in a grassed, gated area in overlooking St Mary's Bay, you can enjoy wonderful views from the comfort of the veranda.
Accommodation: Double bedroom with en-suite shower, a twin bedroom, bathroom with bath, large living and dining area, fully equipped kitchen with modern appliances. The lodge can sleep up to 5 people with the use of a 'z' bed.
The veranda has a table, chairs, and charcoal barbeque.
The lodge overlooks Chesil Beach in a peaceful holiday park.
Accommodation: Double bedroom with en-suite wet room, toilet and sink; twin bedroom with en-suite wet room, toilet and sink; large living dining area; fully equipped kitchen with modern appliances, including a dishwasher and washing machine. The lodge sleeps a maximum of 4 people.
The veranda has a table, chairs, parasol and charcoal barbeque.
Accessibility: The Weymouth lodge has a number of additional accessibility features so priority will be given to those that need them.
- Ramped access to the lodge, and low thresholds on the entrance door and balcony door.
- Corridor and internal doors accommodate a wheel chair.
- Grab rails in the wet rooms and a portable carers shower screen
- Movement detector that will switch the wet room light on when you get out of one of the single beds and one side of the double bed.
- Hearing loop has been fitted in the living/dining/kitchen area.
- Riser recliner chair in the living room.
- Mattress toppers on one of the single beds and the double bed.
- There is no hoist at the lodge, and no room to accomodate a mobile one.