New-crisp-logo copy
Carers Support Service
call us now 01202 128787
carers' resource information and support

Council Tax Exemption

As a family/unpaid carer, you may be disregarded for Council Tax, as long as you meet the following criteria:

The person you care for must be entitled to at least on of the following state benefits:

  • the middle or highest rate care component of a Disability Living Allowance
  • any rate of Attendance Allowance 
  • the highest amount increase in Disablement Pension
  • an increase in Constant Attendance Allowance
  • the standard or enhanced rate of the daily living component of Personal Indepence Payments 
  • armed Forces Independence Payment

You must live in the same property, and provide care for at least an average of 35 hours a week.

For enquiries regarding Council Tax, please contact Stour Valley and Poole Partnership on 0345 034 4569.