Council Tax Exemption
As a family/unpaid carer, you may be disregarded for Council Tax, as long as you meet the following criteria:
The person you care for must be entitled to at least on of the following state benefits:
- the middle or highest rate care component of a Disability Living Allowance
- any rate of Attendance Allowance
- the highest amount increase in Disablement Pension
- an increase in Constant Attendance Allowance
- the standard or enhanced rate of the daily living component of Personal Indepence Payments
- armed Forces Independence Payment
You must live in the same property, and provide care for at least an average of 35 hours a week.
For enquiries regarding Council Tax, please contact Stour Valley and Poole Partnership on 0345 034 4569.